Onboarding is the process of introducing an application to a user that helps him get started. There are 3 types of onboarding:
- Self-select: to customise user’s experience
- Quickstart: to start directly in the app
- User benefits: to see a benefits of using the app
Tip's & tricks
- Don’t use many screens — 3-4 screens are enough to present your app.
- Allow users to skip the onboarding — some of them have used your app before, they don’t need to check it again.
- Show progress, so users can see when the process will be over.
- More illustrations, less text — don’t overload users with a lot of text.
- Animate it — your onboarding has to be short, but with the right animations you can tell your users more.
- Focus on user needs — they’ve already downloaded your app. Show them, how it can improve their life.
- Keep it simple.