Sketching is a quick drawing that helps a designer express an idea. Designers use sketching to outline a concept, discuss ideas, and solve design problems quickly.
Sketches are made quickly, often by hand, and in a minimalistic manner, allowing the artist to visualize ideas fast.
- To communicate ideas quickly.
- To solve a design or product problem.
- To capture the main thoughts of a meeting or conference.
- To display the project concept briefly.
- To create user journey.
- To create prototype screens and information architecture.
Take a Look
Tips and Tricks
- Get yourself some good pens
Some for basic drawing, some different colored pens for shading in things, and highlighters for shading in interface elements like buttons.
- Get yourself some dotted paper
It will help you to draw shapes and layouts more accurately.
- Write clearly
Your team needs to understand what you are writing on your sketches. Communicate your message clearly and explicitly.
- Save your sketches
Take photos or scan your work. First, they can be used as a portfolio. Secondly, you will be able to return to the necessary information.